Advocates Doing Their Part: Your Promise Digest
Over the past month and a half, over 100,000 of you have voiced your support for the artificial pancreas by signing the petition to the FDA. Many of you have also asked what this has to do with Promise meetings. In fact, Promise meetings are a great complement to adding your signature!
Attending a Promise meeting gives you the chance to add more power behind your signature by telling your Member of Congress directly about the need for guidance from the FDA for outpatient trials of the artificial pancreas. As a result of your meeting, your Member of Congress may even call the FDA directly or make a statement on the House or Senate floor in support of your efforts!
Check how some advocates have made their voices even louder in our latest list of meeting summaries below. Get your chance to do that same by signing up to attend a meeting at http://jdrfpromise.org, and don't forget to watch Monday's webcast!
- Representative Todd Rokita (IN-4)
- Representative Leonard Lance (NJ-7)
- Representative Rodney Frelinghuysen (NJ-11)
- Representative Jason Altmire (PA-4)
- Representative Mike Doyle (PA-14)
- Representative Tim Holden (PA-17)
- Representative Sam Johnson (TX-3)
- Representative Pete Sessions (TX-32)
- Representative Reid Ribble (WI-8)